Monday, January 3, 2011

lo siento, i am a

thank you sir for cutting my hands off
right all the way up to the elbows
so that you can feed me the food
that your shiny machine makes
as it hums in its monodance

and for giving me all the time i need
to comb my hair and brush my teeth
and wait in concrete jams
so that i can click away at air conditioned files
that somehow equal my living.

thank you for bottling my escapes
so crisp and potently
and for making sure that someone will tell me
what youve been up to all day
on a flashing blue box on my 'sierra night' wall.

i am grateful for your warranties that are so spot on
about when i'll have to come in and buy a new one
and for lending me money if i am not ready to afford
on my own.
such compassion.

it's ingenious to ensure i get my veggies
in liquid forms
but cutting out all that unnecessary sugar
that could make me FAT.
so affordable.

one day i'll tell my greatest grandchildren
just how you looked after me
and how in my day we could go to the movies
with $30 and come home with change.
long live mama gaia.

No comments: